Make your home a Safer Home
Protect against suicide by routinely securing firearms & medications, against unauthorized access and unsafe use.
Have a plan for everyday, as well as for times of increased risk.
Follow secure storage practices for medications and firearms
Medication Safe Storage
- Lock up medications, except one-week supply
- Limit access to one-day dose during mental-health crisis
- Return unused meds to a drop-box, find a nearby one here: Return Unused Meds.
Basic Rules of Firearm Storage
- Secure all firearms with a safe or locking device
- Do not allow unauthorized access for children or youth
- Home protection firearm? Choose a locking device with fast access only for you
How To Help If You Are Concerned
- SAFES: Give a trusted individual the keys & combinations
- TRANSFER: Ask a friend or relative to take firearms in an emergency temporary transfer (this is legal in Washington state)
- CALL: the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline